I have been lucky enough to not be involved in any issues, but I have seen or heard of the unforeseen circumstances that can occur either after I'm gone or during the ceremony and dinner.
There are things that can go wrong, that you have no control over.
Here is a list of my Emergency Kit for brides, but not limited to. ( because even us girls that aren't brides, sometimes wish we had a little emergency kit in our handbag or office drawer!)
Here are the things that are needed, but are in no particular order:
1. Concealer (for touch ups of any kind)
2. Blotting powder (for obvious, Sweaty, reasons)
3. Eyeliner (you may want to enhance your look for the evening or a bridesmaid forgot hers and needs to borrow yours!)
4. Cheek Tint (incase your cheeks get kissed off. Even better if the tint can work on your lips as well. 2 in 1!)
5. Travel or Sample Perfume (getting a bit whiffy? One of your maids forgot her deo? )
6. Waterproof Mascara (because your bridesmaid forgot some, or if doing your own makeup, you forgot to put on the waterproof stuff and need to reapply)
7. Travel Sewing Kit (sometimes someone steps on a dress, gained weight, lost weight, button pops off...You just never know)
8. Stain remover wipes (keep this in your maid's handbag or if not a bride...stick it in your handbag. We all hate it when we spill coffee or red wine on a white top and can't rush home to clean it!)
10. Fashion Tape aka Tit Tape (this can come in handy for a lot of different things and doesn't hurt to keep some in your bag)
11. Extra Hair pins. (stray hair keeps falling in your eye and you're two seconds from ripping it out or cutting it off? a couple of hair pins will save you stress)
12. Travel Hairspray (your hairdresser is gone, but your maid, who decided to do her own hair totally forgot her hairspray!)
I hope this was helpful. Please do get in touch if you have any worries about your big day and want some helpful advice and tips to avoid any potential disasters. I have seen just about everything!