|Hawes & Curtis |
Makeup Artist: Ashley Kay www.primppowderpout.comPhotography: www.lucieeleanor.com
- Eyeshadow is a great way to enhance the eyes. Keeping the colours neutral is the best way to go.
- Go for eyeliners and mascaras that enhance the eyes. Heavy eyeliner and spidery mascara can be distracting!
- Foundation is a great way to even out your skintone. Ensure the colours you use, match your neck and chest.
- Bronzer and blusher are a great way to add some life back into those cheeks. However, stay clear of shimmery, orange toned bronzers all over the face and crazy bright blushers. We’re trying to look naturally awesome not artificially spectacular!
- Look after your lips! Lots of talking and indoor aircon/heating can dry out those bad boys! (If I see someone with chapped lips...its all I can look at when they are talking!)
GHOST for John Lewis
Makeup by: Ashley Kay Gifford www.primppowderpout.com
- Men and women, keep it matte! It’s easy to become shiny under the harsh lights of filming and photography. If you don’t have a makeup artist at hand, then wearing a matte blotting powder and/or foundation will help. Also, pro tip- bring tissues to blot your forehead with.
- Try to stay away from sparkling and shimmering shadows. They can reflect the lighting and it can bounce back on camera.
- This goes for men or women - ensure you have some warmth in your skin. Lighting on filming and photography can bleach it out so adding a neutral bronzer around the forehead and across the cheeks can help give back that healthy glow you want.
- Its OK to add a little more colour to the face including the eyeshadow, blusher and lips! You can add a bit more eyeliner to the tops and bottoms of the eyes just to enhance them for the camera.
Not all brands are the same and some are more edgy and trendy than others. Its about finding what works within your corporate environment and running with it! If your brand is representing something that is for a younger, more artistic or creative audience , then its obvious that how you represent yourself may need represent their style a bit.
However, no matter what, your image affects the way your company is viewed, so make sure you represent your product/business by looking after yourself. Every business style is different, so make sure you ARE the brand!